Yoga has benefits more than one. The benefits do not just pertain to the body, they also pertain to the mind and the soul. It is a little surprising that Indians were pioneer in the field of yoga including the written word for it but the multi-faceted advantages of yoga are publicized to the rest of the world by the western world.
Benefits of Yoga
- Yoga makes you more conscious of your well-being and instead of being swayed away by emotional eating; you focus on satiety and rightful hunger.
- Yoga sharpens all your sense organs and thereby makes you more alert and smart. It is also known to cure anxiety in all age groups.
- Thesedays, psychologists are prescribing yoga to the teenagers to cure them of issues like depression, hormonal imbalance etc. A lot of times, victims of molestation, harassment and abuse are treated via yoga in rehabilitation centres.
- It is a widely known fact that yoga de-stresses the body. Science has also shown that practicing regular yoga lowers the secretion of a major stress hormone, cortisol.
- Yoga enhances deep breathing and thereby more blood is pumped to and fro from the heart. Hearth health is a major indicator of overall health of an individual. Yoga provides more oxygen to each cell and more nutrients to each tissue thereby ensuring overall health of the person.
- Yoga also cures a lot of chronic ailments ranging from arthritis to muscle pain. Regular yoga helps to relieve sprains and injuries.