About Pitru Paksha or Shradha
Shraddha is one of the most important rituals of Hindus. It is a period of 16 lunar days in Hindu calendar.During these days, Hindus pay tribute to their ancestors by offering food.
The Tarpan of the ancestors is performed on the Tithi which they met eternity. Shradh is also known as Pitru Paksha, Mahalay or kanagat etc.
According to the Hindu calendar, this sixteen days period falls on the second fortnight in the month of Bhadrapada. Mahalaya Amavasya is one of the most important days of the Shradh.
On this day Shradh can be performed without looking any Tithi, Nakshatra etc. It is known as Sarv Pitru Shradh. In 2018, Shradh will start on 24th September and end on 8th October.
During these days, The Shradh is performed to appease the Pitras and to get their blessings. Besides Shradh one can remove the Pitru Dosha with the help of Mantra. Today we are providing you the powerful mantra for Pitru Dosh Shanti.
Pitru Dosh Shanti Mantra
- "Om Namo Bhagawate Vasudeway"
- “Om Shreem Sarva Pitra Dosha Nivaranay klesham Han Han Sukh Shantim Dehi Phat Swaha”
- Sarv Pitru Devataabhyo Namah
- Pahale Pitru Naaraayanay Namah
How to Chant the Mantra?
- You can start from any auspicious time on the Shradh.
- You have to wear white clothes for this purpose.
- Now lit a lamp and take the “Sankalp’ to appease all the Pitras.
- You have to chant 16 mala of this mantra in one day.
- After completion, give some food to Brahmins or Cows.
- While offering or donating any food to a Brahmin or bird one must chant “Swadha Swadha” 3 times.