Shradh is one of the most auspicious times to remember our ancestors and pray for the departed souls. According to the Hinduism, during the PitruPaksha, if you offer foods clothes and perform certain rituals for your ancestors so you will be blessed by them.
According to the Hindu calendar, DwitiyaShradh falls on the vidiyatithi of Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada month. As per the North Indian Amavasyant Calendar, Dwitiyatithi is fall in the month of Ashwin.
DwitiyaShradh is the second day of the PitruPaksha. In 2018, DwitiyaShradh date is 26th September. DwitiyaShradh is also known as DoojShradh.
Dwitiyashradh is performed for those who died on the DwitiyaTithi as per the Hindu calendar. Deceased may have died in either fortnight i.e.KrishnaPaksha or ShuklaPaksha.
It is believed that who observed this Shraddha will be blessed with a long and happy life. The whole sixteen days are considered auspicious for offering tarpan to the ancestors.
MahalayaPakshaShraddhas are ParvanShraddhas and auspicious time to perform them is either KutupMuhurt or RohinaMuhurat.
Date and Muhurat of DwitiyaShradh in 2018
DwitiyaShradh - 26th September 2018 on Wednesday
- KutupMuhurat = 11:48 to 12:36
- RohinaMuhurat = 12:36 to 13:23
- ApaharanMuhurat = 13:24 to 15:46
- For those who died on the DwitiyaTithi.
Rituals of DwitiyaShradh
- DwitiyaShradh rituals involve offering tarpan to the ancestors. It is a way of giving respect and tribute to one’s ancestors.
- After the tarpan, PindDaan is performed..
- After the completion of all the rituals, the food is offered to a Brahmin.
- You have to give the food to crow or cow
- “Daan” is also done on the Dwitiyashradh for the deceased family member who dies on this tithi.